What’s New in Connecticut & Exclusive HB CT Made Small Meetings Promo
The Connecticut Convention & Sports Bureau (CTmeetings) is proud to continue to support HelmsBriscoe as a Destination Partner. We appreciate the challenges that all associates have experienced this past year and a half, and value our relationships with each one of you. As your clients return to business, and planning meetings and events, please know we are your local Connecticut expert for sourcing the best location for their events.
Recognized nationally, Connecticut has led the way in safely getting back to business, including being one of the highest vaccinated states. CTmeetings, working with our State and local communities, have supported the meeting and hospitality industry with reopening guidelines, incentives and employee support. Our venues, hotels and restaurants across Connecticut have been committed to health and cleanliness protocols to ensure safe meetings and experiences. They have redesigned their meeting and event spaces to include more outdoor and indoor options and enhanced services with guests and meeting attendees in mind.
What’s New in Connecticut:
- Brand Refresh and Redesigned Website: The Connecticut Convention & Sports Bureau recently completed a brand refresh with its new CTmeetings logo, and office email addresses to @CTmeetings.org. This refresh is consistent with the CVB’s user-friendly website, CTmeetings.org, that was redesigned in 2020, making us easier to find via searches.
- Bradley International Airport (BDL) in Windsor Locks has 35 nonstop destinations, including LAX and SFO. A new on-site ground transportation center will open 2022. New carriers include Sun County Airlines and Breeze Airways.
- Major venues: Connecticut Convention Center, Mohegan Sun, and Foxwoods Resort Casino, all with global health and safety certifications are hosting successful meetings and events of all sizes.
- The Stamford, (formerly the Sheraton) recently re-opened as a wellness-oriented independent hotel that fosters relaxation and comfort.
- Hotel Marcel, in New Haven’s totally repurposed iconic former Pirelli Building. Opening in early 2022, this boutique hotel will be the first passive house design in the U.S. and the nation’s only electric hotel, generating 100 percent of its own energy.
- Cambria Hotel South Windsor-Manchester, newly constructed and to open late 2021.
- Boutique hotels: Graduate Hotel group now has two Connecticut locations in Storrs and New Haven; the newly built Blake Hotel, also in Downtown New Haven; and the Lloyd Hotel, a luxury property in the heart of Stamford.
- The Heritage Hotel, Golf, Spa & Conference Center in Southbury recently celebrated the first pressing of wine from its on-site vineyard. The wines can be enjoyed in the restaurant and at the front desk, and bottles can be purchased too.
- The highly anticipated 10,000-sq.-ft. TAO Asian Bistro & Lounge at Mohegan Sun recently opened its doors. The seventh location of the internationally renowned Tao Group Hospitality combines cutting-edge culinary and cocktail trends in authentic Asian-inspired dishes.
CTmeetings partners with a unique blend of large and small venues, from convention centers and casino resorts to quaint, boutique hotels in the city, country or coast. Scenic in any season, this wide selection appeals to companies and organizations, and is attractive to their attendees.
Here’s a few important features & benefits:
- Conveniently located in the Northeast drive market. Two-hour drive from New York City and Boston, and less than four hours from Philadelphia. Easy access from I-95 and I-84, and via AMTRAK and Metro-North Railroad.
- Affordable, accessible, and more availability at hotels, and venues, as compared to other Northeast cities.
- Unique and historic non-traditional venues for off-site meetings and private events.
- Wide variety of attractions, activities, and things to do for your group adventures, attendee experiences, or pre- and post-event tours.
Take advance of our exclusive HB Destination Partner Promo: Connecticut Made Small Meetings for new bookings through 2021. Book a new meeting for a Connecticut hotel now through December 31, 2021, for a complimentary On-Site Welcome Station featuring Connecticut-made products. You or your client will be entered to win Free Professional Education. Submit your RFP via HB Connect/Cvent and be sure to copy Connecticut Convention & Sports Bureau. Get the full details on our custom HelmsBriscoe Webpage.
CTmeetings…we’re ready to welcome you back!