What’s New in Connecticut & Exclusive HB CTmeetings - Creating VIP Experiences Promotion
This year’s meetings need to impress. Easy to drive in, invigorating to explore, and packed with unique first-class venues, this State is made for meetings. Connecticut is ready to host yours.
The award-winning CTmeetings partners with a unique blend of large and small venues, from convention centers and casino resorts to quaint, boutique hotels in the city, country or coast. Scenic in any season, this wide selection appeals to companies and organizations, and is attractive to their attendees.
A Drive Destination, we specialize in small meetings & retreats or boutique conventions, finding unique spaces & places for meaningful meetings.
Recognized nationally, Connecticut has led the way in safely getting back to business, including being one of the highest vaccinated states. Some things are here to stay: Our venues, hotels and restaurants across Connecticut have been committed to health and cleanliness protocols to ensure safe meetings and experiences. They have redesigned their meeting and event spaces to include more outdoor and indoor options and enhanced services with guests and meeting attendees in mind.
What’s New in Connecticut:
Air traffic is back!
- Bradley International Airport (BDL) in Windsor Locks is back to 30+ nonstop destinations, including DFW and SFO. A new on-site ground transportation center will open 2022. New carriers include Sun County Airlines and Breeze Airways. Conde Naste Top 3 airports in US for 3rd straight year.
- Tweed Airport New Haven’s regional airport has expanded and added Avelo airlines with several new non-stop regional destinations including BWI, MDW, RDU and 6 routes to Florida.
- Boutique Conventions: Connecticut Convention Center, Mohegan Sun, and Foxwoods Resort Casino, all with global health and safety certifications are hosting successful meetings and events of all sizes.
- Connecticut welcomes Sports Betting! Foxwoods Resort has opened the all-new DraftKings sports bar & lounge while Mohegan Sun FanDuel Sportsbook and newly renovated Bow & Arrow Sports bar with the largest TV wall in the Northeast.
- Downtown Hartford welcomes sports fans adding a new Sports- betting Lounge at the XL Center and a Sports Bar & Restaurant across street on Pratt & Trumbull- plans to open by ???
- Hilton Hotel Hartford is converting to a Doubletree select service hotel and co-locating new apartments downtown. Still anchored with the XL Center in the heart of downtown.
- Cambria Hotel South Windsor-Manchester, newly constructed and ready to open. Located in the Evergreen Walk lifestyle center and nearest the new Fast Pitch Nation softball complex.
Sustainable & Green Initiatives:
- Hotel Marcel, in New Haven’s repurposed iconic former Pirelli Building. Opening this Spring, this boutique hotel will be the nation’s first net-zero certified hotel, generating 100 percent of its own energy. There will be 165 rooms and suites, a new American restaurant, and an art program highlighting female artists with a nod to the Bauhaus movement.
- Saybrook Point Resort & Marina- Luxury Connecticut Oceanside Hotel, has a new multi-purpose 4 season room (retractable roof) the Pergola on the patio overlooking the Marina. Highly committed to their Green initiatives: Green Lodging certified, Green Spa network, Clean Marina Award
- The Stamford, (formerly the Sheraton) recently re-opened as a wellness-oriented independent hotel that fosters relaxation and comfort.
- Delamar Greenwich Harbor is ranked #2 among luxury hotels in Connecticut by U.S. News & World Report
- Winvian Farm Retreat was created to recharge and indulge. The 5-star cuisine, the wines, the Spa. This award-winning Spa is rated Top 5 in US, by Conde Naste.
Creating new experiences:
- Foxwoods Resort Casino, which is marking its 30th anniversary this month, has announced extensive renovation and expansion plans. The Connecticut casino will transform its old Bingo Hall into the Rainmaker Expo Center, a 75,000 square foot event space that will be able to host everything from tradeshows to sporting events. Also, breaking ground in June on Great Wolf Lodge — an indoor water park, family entertainment center and hotel, which will be located on 15 acres adjacent to the casino site, according to Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation officials.
- New: Bristol Event Center, a $25 million new construction in Bristol CT home of ESPN and on the grounds of the current Doubletree Hotel aims to be a destination for conferences and social events. With 11,800 square feet of new meeting space, plus 8,200 square foot outdoor patio, the campus will include a new 89 room Home2 Suites.
CTmeetings- the Connecticut Convention & Sports Bureau won the 2021 Gold Stella Award as the Best Convention & Visitors Bureau/Destination Marketing Organization (CVB/DMO) in the Northeast Region of the U.S. * NorthStar Meetings Group
CTmeetings- the Connecticut Convention & Sports Bureau, is proud to continue to support HelmsBriscoe as a Destination Partner. We value our relationships with each one of you. As your clients return to business, and planning meetings and events, please know we are your local CT expert for sourcing the best location for their events. Just ask we can help save you time and money!
Here’s a few important features & benefits:
- Conveniently located in the Northeast drive market. Two-hour drive from New York City and Boston, and less than four hours from Philadelphia. Easy access from I-95 and I-84, and via AMTRAK and Metro-North Railroad.
- Affordable, accessible, and more availability at hotels, and venues, as compared to other Northeast cities.
- Unique and historic non-traditional venues for off-site meetings and private events.
- Creating VIP Experiences: Wide variety of attractions, activities, and things to do for your group adventures, attendee experiences, or pre- and post-event tours.
Introducing our exclusive HB Destination Partner Promotion: Creating VIP experiences for new bookings through 2024. Book a new meeting for a Connecticut hotel now through December 31, 2022, for a $5 per Room Night toward the Master Account and a complimentary VIP Hartford Experience for CT Convention Center bookings. You will be entered to win a FREE Industry Membership subsidy. Submit your RFP via HB Connect/Cvent and be sure to copy Connecticut Convention & Sports Bureau. Get the full details on our custom HelmsBriscoe Webpage or Download Here.
Your dedicated HelmsBriscoe Contact: